Should You Use a Fertility Tracking App?
Fertility tracking is an effective method for women looking to keep track of their entire ovulation cycle. It is beneficial for women to understand their fertility and menstruation period to get a better understanding of how their bodies are functioning. Through the use of these fertility-tracking applications and services, women can keep track of not only their periods throughout the year, but also gain insight as to when they’re most fertile. This can then be used to determine when exactly she has become pregnant, or when it is the optimal time to conceive.
Fertility Apps Are on the Rise
Fertility apps allow fertility/ovulation tracking from the convenience of a smartphone. They provide women with a way to check-in, keep track, and stay on top of what to expect from their cycle. These apps are also informational, allowing women to learn more about their bodies, conceiving, and even their own menstruation symptoms and patterns. These applications give women more knowledge about their cycles than they might not have previously had.
Pros and Cons of Fertility Apps
As with anything else, there are pros and cons to these fertility applications that women should be aware of.
- They provide a ton of information and tools that were not previously available with such convenience.
- They keep track of everything so that you do not have to use other traditional methods.
- Some women find that this is a great way to become pregnant faster.
- Woman can begin to identify trends and symptoms in their cycle, which is great insight to bring to your doctor.
- They are easy to use, efficient and can be found in almost any marketplace on phones, tablets or smart watches.
- After using the app for a while, it is able to tell you more about your average cycle length, the severity of the periods and when you’re more likely to conceive.
- One of the biggest cons of using the apps, however, is that this can cause more anxiety and obsessive behavior in women who are trying to conceive.
- Not becoming pregnant after trying during the “optimal time” can also give way to stress, making it more difficult for the woman to become pregnant.
- These applications will not be able to tell if a fertility problem is present, since only a healthcare provider is able to diagnose these issues.
- The application is not always going to be 100% accurate, because every woman has a different body. This means that ovulation may or may not be occurring when the app says so due to other health issues. There are many other factors that come into play when it comes to getting pregnant.
For women less than 35 years old who have been trying to conceive for over one year, and women older than 35 years old who have been trying for six months, a professional fertility check may be the best option for getting 100% accurate information. Fertility tracking applications are great for convenient access and tracking of your ovulation cycle, but should not replace a visit to a fertility specialist when necessary. Contact Reproductive Specialists of New York today for more information. We have offices conveniently located in Brooklyn, Mineola, Stony Brook, and West Islip, NY.